Thursday, August 15, 2013

Living Life.

  We're finally settling in at my husband's new duty station. I am not exaggerating when I say that the past few months have been insane. Throughout our move, I have taken the time to go to the doctor and things are coming along well. Really well, actually. For a while, I was worried about what my outcome would be with these expanders. The most recent appointment made all my fears about my future "look" disappear. Though, I have been in more pain after that appointment than any other. I feel like this whole thing is just a process like bearing a child. One day, I'll forget about the pain. It's been relatively painless, really. The new pain is just because my muscles are stretching to their max. Before I know it, I'll be heading into my next surgery and exchanging these awkward expanders in for actual implants.

  I haven't done much blogging. To be honest, I thought that during this process, I'd be blogging more than ever. I could go into every detail about the process, but, with everything else going on in my life, this process is really a second thought. Yes, it's a huge part of my life right now, but I haven't stopped living my life, focusing solely on my chest. Thats the best part of all this, really...here I am, living life. I don't have to put thought into it, thankfully. Unlike a woman with breast cancer, who can never truly get it out of her head. Worrying about radiation, chemo, cells multiplying, movement into lymph nodes. Nope, I am the lucky one. What I am going through was by choice. I am the one that gets to put this way in the back of my head now. I wish that every woman could just as easily have a blood test that would indicate if she would have breast cancer down the road...and then be given the option to have a PBM. The amount of lives that could be saved...maybe one day. For now, I focus on living, loving, and enjoying life. Pain, bruises, stitches....they're temporary for me, and for that, I am blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I recently came across your facebook page, and now your blog. I finally decided to have genetic testing done to see if I have the brca2 gene (in the past six years, I've lost two aunts from cancer, had an uncle find out he had breast cancer, and found out my mom has the brca mutation), and I just want to say thank you, because people like you have helped me feel more confident in my decision to get tested. Before, I was too scared to find out, and now I feel the opposite! Thanks for what you do!
    -Bethany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bethany, did you ever get the testing done?

      Delete