Saturday, January 12, 2013

Our Life On Hold

  "Hurry up and wait"...something you learn day one as a Marine spouse. My EFMP package was accepted, but Hawaii is still on our radar. There is a high risk breast clinic in Honolulu, but it's not where I want to be. I feel more comfortable staying with UNC Chapel Hill. Once I see the surgeon on Thursday, we'll have him fill out more paperwork to possibly insist that I continue my care with's our only saving grace at continuing my care with them. In a way, I feel like a toddler having a tantrum, but I really feel strongly about staying at Chapel Hill. There are so many reasons why it's crucial for me to stay in NC (in my opinion). The surgeons are some of the best in the country, I have my family and friends close by, and the thought of moving everything we own to Hawaii right after a prophylactic mastectomy scares me. It can be done, but it makes me uneasy. I'll know so much more on Thursday. All of our planning seems like it is on hold until we talk to this surgeon. Here's to hoping we get some sort of answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment